Cree Nation of Waskaganish had developed this new initiative to assist families in purchasing essential food items such as bread, milk, eggs, fruit, vegetables, dairy products, fresh meat, healthy snacks and baby food products.
The program will continue until May 29th, 2020, and then will be re-evaluated based on the COVID-19 crisis situation.
The Emergency Food Access Program is for individuals who are/have:
- Low income or no income at all
- Band members residing in Waskaganish
- Individuals on EI/QPIP
Please click on the button below to download the form.
Application periods will be as follows:
- Week 1 – Application deadline: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12PM
- Week 2 – Application deadline: Friday, April 24, 2020, 12PM
- Week 3 – Application deadline: Friday, May 1, 2020, 12PM
- Week 4 – Application deadline: Friday, May 8, 2020, 12PM
- Week 5 – Application deadline: Friday, May 15, 2020, 12PM
- Week 6 – Application deadline: Friday, May 22, 2020, 12PM
- Week 7 – Application deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020, 12PM
Applicants must reapply on a weekly basis, and new applications can be submitted during a new application period. No applications will be accepted after the deadline, applications received after the deadline will be reviewed for the next application period. Coupons are non-transferrable, and can only be used for groceries.
COUPONS are valid for one week (Friday to Thursday). We suggest shopping to be done when Smokey Hill Grocery Store has their stocks on Tuesday’s or Wednesday’s.
The application forms can be picked up at the Band Office to be filled out and returned to Glen B. Whiskeychan, or you can download the application form on the “Cree Nation of Waskaganish” website.
For more information:
Please contact Glen B. Whiskeychan at 1-819-895-8650 ext.3284
Or email: email@example.com